Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Destroyer of Worlds

I like to pretend that things unravel on their own
That I fold away the loose ends but they never really hold
I pretend that I‘m a seamstress
When I can‘t sew a stitch
I pretend that I‘m a sweet girl
When really, I‘m a bitch
And with a needle on my thread
I hem up the universe
At least I‘ll have you buying it
Until the second verse
Cause I‘d like to think I‘m trying
But it‘s hard to be so sure
When the yardstick that has mesured all my failures before
Lies broken on the ground and will not measure anymore.
I‘d like to be your savior
I‘d like to be your knight
I‘d like to be a lot of things but I can‘t even fight
You ask me what I am
As if I‘m sure to know
And maybe I‘m supposed to  have an answer fit to show
Please just stop insisting
That I‘m more than what I am
Sometimes definitions take the meaning by the hand.
Hey there, I am girl
It feels nice to say my name
I‘m sure if you forgot it, you‘d still recognize my face
I like watching you unravel
While I pretend to fix
All the little flaws that have lead you up to this.
I told you not to follow me
I told you stay away
The momentary pleasure is just far too much to take
Hi there I am girl
Destroyer of worlds
I‘ve got the needle and the thread, now tell me where it hurts?
I like to pretend that things unravel on their own
That I fold away the loose ends but they never seem to hold
If I can‘t see it coming, then it can‘t be my fault
I‘m not the one who pulls the string to watch as you unfold.